Raw Brownies with Chocolate Avocado Frosting
Adapted from Wayfaring Chocolate and here
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 avocado
- 3 T honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T maple syrup
- dash cinnamon and a pinch of salt
- Combine walnuts, dates and the 1/3 cup of cocoa powder in a food processor and process until the mixture, according to the original recipe, looks like potting soil. Pat this into a loaf tin (I placed this in a 8X8 Pan and it will be a bit thin)
- In the food processor, whiz the avocado, honey or agave, second lot of cocoa, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread the icing over the brownie base, then put in the freezer for about an hour to set. No matter how long the brownies stay in the freezer, they never become rock-hard.