Tuesday, October 29, 2013

15 Minute Strawberry, Blackberry, Vanilla Jam



Yesterday the hubby requested for more snacks in the house and I was happy to oblige. I have been fascinated/addicted to Brooklyn Farm Girl as of late and found some inspiration in her recipes section.




Strawberry, Blackberry, Vanilla Jam

Ingredients:

  • 1 Container Strawberries
  • 1 Container Blackberries
  • 1/4 cup Honey
  • 1 T Lemon Juice
  • 1 t Vanilla Extract
Instructions:
  1. Hull strawberries, then wash strawberries and blackberries.
  2. Pat dry and puree in a food processor. (you can leave chunks if you like them)
  3. In a saucepan combine puree and honey.
  4. Bring mixture to a boil and stir, stir, stir.
  5. Boil for 13 minutes all together, but add the vanilla when you have four minutes left. 
  6. Put in jars and enjoy.
This is so delicious my husband and I happened to polish off the first batch in one day.
Here's the link to the recipe I tweaked 15 Minute Strawberry Peach Jam